Partnership is one of the most important aspects of Comprehensive School Health. To maximize the benefits, all members of the school community work together to make the school the best possible place to learn, work and play.
In addition to students, families, educators and school staff, the following list also identifies other partners that we work closely with in creating a healthy school:
- Health promotion specialists;
- Public health nurses;
- Dietitians and community nutritionist;
- Staff from local parks or recreation facilities;
- Local businesses (e.g., donating sports equipment, sponsoring activities, or providing financial support );
- Local interest groups (e.g., garden club, chess club); and
- Other community service providers that support and promote student and staff health and well-being.
We work with our partners to improve the health and learning of students in the province by promoting, supporting and facilitating a healthy schools approach. If you or your organization is interested in getting involved with DASH and the work that we do please, contact us at email@example.com. DASH also has financial partnerships with local businesses who help support the organizations operations. Please visit our page on how to become a partner.