Healthy Schools Network
The Healthy Schools Network (HSN) is a voluntary community of educators and schools across the province who are working in classrooms, schools, and school districts toward optimizing student health and learning, meeting healthy living goals, and improving overall student wellbeing. The vision of the HSN is every student in British Columbia to be a part of a healthy school community, and to feel supported and engaged in their health and learning. The essence of the community is one of curiosity, support, and contribution
The core of the HSN is:
- Educators passionate about promoting health and learning
- A community of practice
- Engaged students
- Comprehensive School Health
- Collaboration, networking, and the sharing of stories and results
- Professional conversations and development through linkages to the Networks of Inquiry and Innovation
The HSN is intended to be a community in the truest sense – where different members of the school community are participating in different ways.
For example, a school community member may be:
- Curious; and are looking for tools, resources, stories, or examples that could help them address healthy living in their school environment
- Engaged; actively working on healthy living goals and seeking funding to support innovative student-centered healthy living actions in their school
- Leaders; initiating student-centered projects using an inquiry-based approach to empower students to take ownership of their own health and learning
HSN grants are available to support healthy schools goals, as well as student-centered activities and inquiry-based healthy living projects in BC schools. These grants are aimed at addressing equitable advancements in student learning related to healthy living regardless of varied abilities, gender, family income, or age.
There are two HSN grants available: Healthy Living Activity Grant and Healthy Living Inquiry Grant.