About this Workshop
Fees include access to a toolkit of resources and QPR Gatekeeper Certificate upon completion.
Question Persuade Refer (QPR) is a proven suicide intervention training that teaches participants how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and appropriately respond to save a life. During this 1-1.5 hour training session, participants will learn about the three critical components of QPR:
- How to Question if someone is considering suicide.
- How to Persuade them to stay alive and seek help.
- How to Refer them to appropriate supports and resources.
For more information on the QPR Training program, visit the QPR Website.
- It is required to have a school counsellor or support person present during each training session.
- QPR training is provided to groups no larger than one class size (approximately 25-30) at a time.
- To accommodate physical distancing guidelines, this training will be offered in person or virtually.