We are offering schools in British Columbia the chance to win up to 25 brand new SMART bikes (approximate value of $900/bike including software) to help support the physical and mental well-being of students.
Preliminary data shows that children and youth’s physical activity levels have decreased as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is concern that this pandemic is also leading to an increase in mental health problems experienced by children and youth. The 2020-2021 school year might be different than previous years, but the importance of supporting student health is more important than ever and DASH wants to help.
Creating an environment where students have opportunities to be active throughout the school day can positively impact their physical and mental well-being, as well as support their learning. Flexible seating in the classroom and physical activity opportunities may be particularly beneficial for students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
How to Enter:
Enter today by completing this survey and let us know how you would use SMART bikes to support your students’ physical and mental well-being for your chance to win.
Act fast! The deadline to apply is October 11th, 2020 at 11:59PM.
- The SMART bikes will be used to support students’ physical and mental well-being. Special consideration will be given to initiatives that support students with attention-deficit/hyperactive disorders.
- Successful schools agree to cover the costs of shipping for each bike (up to $56 per bike depending on location*).
- Eligible schools include public or First Nation schools in BC.
- Applicants must be employees (e.g. teachers, administrators, school counselors) of the School District working at the applicant school or employees of the First Nation school.
- Only one application per school will be accepted.
- The SMART bikes will be the property of the winning schools.
- Applicants from successful schools agree to submit a video or a written testimonial with accompanying photos (minimum 3) showing how they used the SMART bikes to promote students’ physical and mental well-being by May 1st, 2021. The winning applicants agree that the videos, photos and/or written testimonial may be published on the DASH website, newsletter or be used in other promotional materials. Photo consent forms will be provided.
- SMART Bike Details:
- Bike seating is adjustable. However, the recommended user height starts at 125cm (4 feet).
- Must be used with a desk that is at least 80cm tall (for children) or 100cm tall (for adults) (desk not included in contest prize).
- Weight = 14.1 kg/unit
- Dimensions = 89 cm x 36.5 cm x 27 cm
- Learn more about Ergonomix’s SMART bikes at https://www.ergonomyx.com/products-bike
* To cover the costs of shipping we recommend speaking with your School District and/or Parent Advisory Council to determine if they have funding that can be put towards it, or, if you are a First Nations school, speaking with your band office.
Contact Kaitlyn Bailey at email@example.com or 604-365-3508.