Title: Comprehensive School Health Facilitator (Vancouver Island and Vancouver)
DASH seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic health promoter, community developer or educator with excellent communication, networking, and problem solving skills.
We are looking for the incumbent to be located in Nanaimo, Comox or other central or northern regions of Vancouver Island and Vancouver. The work is remote and an office will not be provided.
- Using a Comprehensive School Health approach, you will be asked to establish and build relationships within schools and school districts to promote DASH programs. You will provide ongoing support to schools in the implementation of their health promotion initiatives, share health information and resources and connect schools to community partners and regional public health professionals. The position will involve developing partnerships with influential people, organizations, schools and communities to improve the health outcomes of BC students.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in public health, health sciences, health promotion, education, community development or related
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health
- Experience in community development, relationship building
- Strategies for health promotion, particularly in school setting
- Educators from Kindergarten-Grade 12 will be considered
- Health research and data analysis
- Knowledge translation
- Resource and/or program design and development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Working Conditions & Expectations
- The incumbent will have regular field work (depending upon current COVID-19 social distancing guidelines)
- This position requires regular access to and travel by car.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to set and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s licence and a safe driving record are required
- Additional travel may be required.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record Check is required
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
Closing Date: August 17, 2020
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org