How it Works
- Sign up for iWalk or organize your own walk or bike to school event
- Register your class for Walk the Globe through the DASH BC website
- DASH introduces you with your partner classroom through an introductory email
September-October (& beyond!)
- Once the introduction has been set, you can begin corresponding with your partner classroom through email. If it works for you and your partner, you can also explore fun options for corresponding such as skype and video/picture sharing
- Walk the Globe requires that a participating classroom correspond for at least one week (e.g. iWalk week). Although you are encouraged to correspond for the month of iWalk (October) and beyond!
- The teachers or classroom coordinators usually manage the correspondences on behalf of their classes and then share with the students, but you can find ways to have students correspond directly, such as through email pen-pals
1. Organize a Walk or Bike to school event
2. Encourage your students to walk or bike to school by registering for iWalk or organizing your own walk/bike to school event
3. Register your class for Walk the Globe (Registration is now closed)
4. DASH will pair your class with a partner classroom based on your preferences
5. Get introduced to your partner classroom through DASH
6. Connect with your partner classroom through email, Skype, pictures and video
7. Share, learn, and have fun!